Honda fitted this engine with a liquid-to-liquid stacked plate oil cooler from the factory. During normal driving on a factory tune, this can retain proper oil temperatures. However, once the CTR is put into the environment it was intended for, or with the addition of an aggressive tune, this stock unit can't keep up.
The Mishimoto Direct-Fit Oil Cooler Kit gives the stock system a hand by adding a 19-row air-to-air cooler into the system, which utilizes the FK8's sculpted and aero-centric front bumper to drop oil temperatures by 15'F. This cooler is held in place by a pair of application-specific brackets, designed to keep proper airflow through the front wheel well. Your Civic's oil is securely transported to and from the cooler by way of sturdy stainless steel braided lines featuring durable -AN fittings. The 2017+ Honda Civic Type R Oil Cooler Kit is designed as a thermostatic kit to eliminate the potential of overcooling, and with the option of a silver or black cooler. As with all of our products, this kit also includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a worry-free installation.
- Direct fit for the 2017+ Honda Civic Type R
- Reduces oil temperatures by 15 degrees Fahrenheit
- Minimal pressure drop
- Application-specific brackets designed to retain proper airflow to wheel well
- Direct-fit stainless steel braided oil lines with durable -AN fittings
- 19-row stacked plate oil cooler for optimal fluid temperature reduction
- Billet aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate
- Increases oil capacity by .65 qt
- Retains the use of the stock liquid-to-liquid oil cooler unit
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty