The all new Type-R Civic (FK8) is a great platform for soaking up highway miles during the weekday and tearing it up at the track on the weekend! With some minor modifications, the 2.0L Turbo engine is capable of producing some gnarly power. But, the added power of some tuning and bolt-ons will push the limits of the stock charge air system, necessitating an upgrade for the stock tube-and-fin intercooler, which is prone to heat soak. Thankfull,y Injen has developed a highly efficient bar-and-plate intercooler engineered specifically to fit the Type-R Civic.
The FM1582i intercooler is a direct-fit unit and features a 25% increase in core volume while requiring no modification to your civic. This cooler is constructed with cast end tanks and precision CNC-machined aluminum flanges for use with the factory intercooler piping. The Injen Honda Civic Type-R intercooler reduces intake temperatures by 30 degrees and provides an increase of up to 27 HP and 23 Ft. Lbs. of torque while retaining factory boost pressure across the core.
This Civic Type-R 2.0L turbo intercooler also features precision TIG-welding and has a sick Raw finish. With a one-hour installation, great power, temperature benefits, and a Lifetime Warranty, the Injen FM1582i intercooler is a must-do upgrade for any stock or modified Civic type-R.
- Direct fit for All 2017- 2018 Honda Civic Type-R I4-1.5L (t) Models
- Dyno-proven maximum gains of up to 27 HP and 23 Ft. Lbs. of Torque
- Outlet temperature up to 30 degrees lower than stock intercooler
- TIG-welded Aluminum Bar-Plate
- Stock Pressure Drop Retained within 0.5 psi
- Designed to work with stock calibration
- Increases throttle response and decreases turbo lag
- 21.06" x 5.75" x 5.28" Core Size TWICE AS LARGE AS STOCK
- 600 Horsepower Limit
- Uses all factory mounting locations
- Includes all necessary hardware for a hassle-free installation