- Full 3" catbacks for the FL5 Civic Type R
- Integrated 3" frontpipe includes a unique flange and gasket to accommodate a true 3" diameter from inlet to outlet while successfully mating to the factory interface
- Dyno-proven max gains of 14 hp and 13 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (stock downpipe)
- Track Edition: 36.5 lbs, Touring Edition: 46 lbs, Stock: 50.5 lbs
- Handcrafted from 3" CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065" wall T304L stainless steel
- Straight-forward install: no motor mount removal, and generous clearances
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Stamped stainless steel trident tip merge with triple 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
- Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
- Perfect fitment guaranteed
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty
The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts include a full 3" frontpipe that is designed with a unique flange and gasket to ensure the full diameter from inlet to outlet. This frontpipe is integrated into the design of the exhausts. AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket frontpipes.
Touring Edition Exhaust:
At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A 3" T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.
Featuring an integrated front pipe, robust midpipe resonator, thick-walled T304L stainless steel, and an iteration of AWE's 180 Technology bespoke for the FL5 in the rear, the Touring Edition is the do-it-all configuration for everyday drivers.
Thanks to AWE's patented drone-canceling 180 Technology, the Touring Edition keeps all of the commotion to the rear of the vehicle where it belongs, and destroys drone-prone frequencies that would otherwise resonate within the cabin at highways speeds - all packaged perfectly to fit within the undertray of the bumper with plenty of clearance.
The Touring Edition, and the 180 Technology within it, were both developed for use with and without an aftermarket catted downpipe.
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology.
As exhaust gases exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. All of this with a straight-through design -- in other words, all the power, none of the drone.
Each exhaust comes complete with three 4.5" double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and feature a stamped AWE logo. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.